Is there a word with phobia suffix for fear of waking others up?


I usually come home after basketball at like 12:30 a.m. and at this time my mom and sister usually sleep (my Dad though is usually up). When I come home, I don't go to sleep right away and will sometimes eat or do something else. When I do so, I do it in stealth, so that I don't wake up anyone. I do out of two things, to be polite as I do not want to wake anybody up and also the fact that if I make a loud noise and wake my mom up, my mom will get mad and lecture me. Does this count as a phobia? In addition, if it does what would the name of it be.



Answer



It would be considered a phobia if just the thought of awakening someone from sleep aroused autonomic symptoms in you. You'd feel nervous, breathe fast, have strong heartbeats, or any other undesirable symptom. Otherwise, I would say that you are pretty much concerned for the well-being of your folks. A sensible and conscientious person.


But, to answer your question, assuming it is a phobia, I can only come up with "atelophobia" which means "fear of imperfection" which is not specific for what you are looking for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"