meaning - "Thanks for having me"


Recently, I finished my phone job interview with the phrase "Thanks for having me". It was a reply to the other person's "Thank you for your time". So, does "thanks for having me" sound alright in this context?



Answer



No. "Having me" implies "having me over", usually in the sense of for a visit or stay, so wouldn't be right in a professional context even if face to face.


I would suggest a response of simply "thank you" to "thanks for your time" as an appropriate professional alternative that will also work on the phone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"