synonyms - Alternatives to 'respectively'


Is there any other word I can use instead of respectively?


This word provides me a way to describe a list of items conveniently in a single sentence and hence save space. I've used this many times and there are mainly two reasons I am asking this:



  1. I'm just looking for alternatives, since I don't want to use the same word everywhere.

  2. Another small reason is that I find the word respectively a bit long which makes writing short sentences using it difficult.


Since an example of its use was requested:
"Samantha, John and Jack bought apples, mangoes and oranges respectively from the market." (I know it's not a very creative one.)


I also looked for synonyms at thesaurus.com but the only close ones I found were correspondingly and individually. I'm unsure whether these are valid substitutions for the use of respectively as in my example.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"