single word requests - What do you call the someone, who cares about something but wouldn't care if it's lost?


It's kind of weird to get a grasp from just the title but most people can't really understand my mindset and it's hard to give them a word to accurately describe it.


I'm extremely passive as long as something doesn't directly affect me. I usually just won't care. But even when something does directly affect me, it's hard to put into words how I'll react.


My brother describes it as "He cares but he doesn't care" (where I got the title from) in the sense of being passive. For example, he tends to tell this to my mom, who'll then later on ground me, but it won't work at all because I will do something else with minimal effort to get un-grounded.


So if I were grounded from my computer, I would play an old game; grounded from all games, read a book; grounded from everything, study ahead in class (as I had learned everything ahead of time for AB calculus). Even though I might spend most of my time using the item I was grounded from, I wouldn't see it as a necessity and would move on to some other form of entertainment.


Now that you have a mildly to extremely weird description/example of how I think, could you help me think of a word to describe how I think in these situations because simply saying that I'm extremely passive isn't quite accurate enough to describe me.


I can also be described as a Cynical A-hole at times, in case that helps.



"He cares but he doesn't care. And he doesn't care because he's _______ and he'll just go do something else."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"