formality - Formally introducing yourself in an email


I am composing an email to a work associate who I have never had any dealings with before. I'm struggling to think of a formal yet succinct way of introducing myself.


In person, I would probably say:



"Pleased to meet you"



But this feels wrong because I am not actually meeting him- I'm just sending an email.



Answer



Something like this?



Dear Mr Jones,


I'm John Smith, a code monkey, and I work with Phillip in the IT pit. He suggested that you might be able to help me hack into Accounts and give myself a raise.


It would really help me in my new project - P0232 - Theft for Fun and Profit.


I'm free for the rest of the day because I'm pulling a sickie.


Boomshanka,


David



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"