single word requests - What sound do blinds make in English?


When you raise or lower a window blind with a one quick movement, it produces a sound, what do you call that sound in English?



I rolled up/raised/opened/ pulled up the window blind quickly with a/an ______(?)



I found "squeak" for opening a door, in an onomatopoeia list, but I'm not sure if I can use it in my sentence or not.


PS: I'm looking for a word that can be used for any kind of blinds, Wooden or metal, but since this sound is produced by rapid opening, I think the blinds aren't that old. (However; in my sentence, the blinds I have in my mind are metal and new, like the white blinds in the picture below).


Unfortunately I don't know how to describe this sound, so you should imagine the last time you pulled the string on a blind and it was rolled up with one movement,to remember that sound! :)


I found these, please check them for hearing the sound!


http://www.freesound.org/search/?q=blinds


http://youtu.be/LLab_9MV22U


I just found this sentence too, (By No One's Leave, By Kevin Bache, page 202):



Britney pulled the string on the blinds, which closed with a loud “Swoosh”.



enter image description here enter image description here




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"