meaning - Are these two statements equivalent?


Statement i:



I will refuse nothing to a soul that makes a request of me in virtue of my passion. In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for asking - statement (i)



I tried to re-phrase the above statement as shown below.


Statement ii:



If someone makes a request to me, for the sake of my passion, I won't refuse their request. In this hour you will obtain everything that you are asking for - statement (ii)



Are the statements (i) and (ii) equivalent?


If you are curious about where the statement (i) is from, see The Hour of Great Mercy – The Divine Mercy Message from the Marians of the Immaculate Conception.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"