grammaticality - "looking forward to being". Is this correct?


In order to convey excitement to being a part of a team, which one would you use?



I’m so looking forward to be a part of [team name] that I can barely sleep.



or



I’m so looking forward to being a part of [team name] that I can barely sleep.



Is any of these correct? If not, what would be the proper way of conveying this?



Answer



Looking forward is always followed by the +ing (gerund). A simple way to check this is to ask it in a question: "What are you looking forward to?" ...being part of the team.


I think if this were rephrased as, "I'm looking forward to being part of the team so much that I can barely sleep", might sound a bit more natural.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"