tenses - Using "will" after "if"


I've been told that native-speakers don't ever use "will" after "if", and that saying it this way is a not-native style.


So from the film (Harry Potter, pt5) I noticed a line that confused me. Look at this:


"Well, if you won't tell her where it is, I will". See that?


What was the necessity of using the future form? What does it add in the meaning? How does it sound to you? Why was namely this sentence used instead of "Well, if you don't tell her where it is, I will"?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"