meaning - What does "triage an issue" mean?


I've found this definition of triage:



"The process of sorting people based on their need for immediate medical treatment as compared to their chance of benefiting from such care."



So I can understand that triaging an issue list means giving some priorities to the items and sorting the list.


But what does triaging an issue mean? Giving it a low priority or the other way round? I suppose the former but haven't found any evidence for it. All the dictionaries I've found deal with triaging some set only.



Answer



"Triage" also has this meaning:



the determination of priorities for action in an emergency.



So, if I was to triage an issue, I would just determine how important this issue was, whether it is an urgent matter, then on the basis of my diagnosis, put this issue on a list, based on its importance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"