phrase requests - What is a word/idiom for 'unable to decide'?


Let's say I have an important decision to make and I can't decide between two competing things (like break up with a girl or not break up with her). What would be a word/idiom to express that?



Answer



Here are several choices: on the fence, indecisive, vacillating. I would use each one a little differently in a sentence.



I am still on the fence about breaking up with her.



or



I am indecisive about breaking up with her.



or



I am vacillating between breaking up or staying with her.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"