meaning - What do you call *I'll not feed you by my own hand* in English


I dont know how to describe it properly. I just translated what description to English that I use in my native language (Bangla/বাংলা)


The situation is like this, some people always needs other help to do thing. They seek help for every little steps. If you aggregate the helps you'll find that they didn't do anything by themselves. Some people always helps them to do every small task.


For example, Robert asks Andrew how to post question. Then he asks where to type title even though the Title input label is seen very clearly. After that Robert will ask "Hey Andrew, Could you tell me some good title sentences that I can put here?" it goes on. You'll see Robert is not actually asking question. He is asking too many details that it makes Andrew do the whole task.


My question is how do Andrew tell, "I can not feed you every time by my own hand" ? Is there any single word? any Idiom?



Answer



I think the idiom you are looking for is:



I can't keep spoon-feeding you forever.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"