grammar - Neither am I / me neither in a specific context


A friend of mine and I were talking about a party that we've had today and he told me the following:



I won't have dinner at home, lol.



And I replied:



Neither am I.



Based on these topics, Using either, neither and too and Is the statement "Neither am I" right?, my answer was not wrong at all in myself comprehension.


I want to know your opinion, is the above wrong? If so, why? And what's the correctiest way to express equality in that situation?



Answer



To:



I won't [=will not] have dinner at home, lol.



The correct answer should be:



Neither will I.



But:



I'm not [=am not] in a mood to go out for dinner tonight.


Neither am I. I think I'll just stay home.




  • Another option that works for both examples is "me neither."



I won't have dinner at home, lol.


Me neither.



And



I'm not in a mood to go out for dinner tonight.


Me neither. I think I'll just stay home.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"