single word requests - Is there a more common phrase that means "preponed"?


I was aware of this and this stackexchange post discuss the same. There is no prepone in English. Ok, then how do I say Our meeting is preponed in correct way? What is the correct word/phrase for prepone?



Answer




Our meeting has been brought forward.


Our meeting has been rescheduled for an earlier time.



I wouldn't worry too much. English is my first language and I liked the word when I first heard it.


Unlike other apparent malapropisms (or eggcorns) this word is succinct, clear in meaning, and it fills a hole.


Unless I've misunderestimated the question?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"