single word requests - What is the opposite of "avoidance"


I am stuck looking for one word that captures the personal attribute of never avoiding issues; a concise way of saying that one deals with things "head-on" and in a timely manner.


I'd also like to phrase it a way that does not rely on a negation, such as "non-avoidant"


Update: I wasn't clear enough. The word also needs to describe a positive attribute. Thanks for suggesting "confrontational", which is an antonym, but it sounds negative to aim to be more confrontational.


The context for the word I'm looking for is: "Last year I avoided some problems, but this year I resolve to be [insert new word here]".


Any ideas?



Answer



How about "engaged"?



Last year I avoided some problems, but this year I resolve to be engaged.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"