hyperbole - What word means "taking something to unrealistic extremes"?


This has been bugging me for a while, does anyone know what this word is? Maybe I imagined it. I thought it might have been "superfluous", but I don't think that is it, then I thought it might have been "hyperbole" but I do not think that is it either. Any thoughts?


Here is some context.


Person A: If a billion people view my web site, my server will crash. 
Person B: That is a ___ example.

The difference between the word that I am looking for and "hyperbolic" is that a hyperbole is not meant to be taken literally and this is.


Hope that helps.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"