Word usage 'when you go'


Is there any thing wrong in the following sentence:



Could you please inform me when you go.



Can I use 'when you go' like this?



Answer



I'm not sure what you're trying to express, so I won't stand against your sentence, but the only possible meaning I can come up with right now would be expressed by:



Could you please inform me when you leave?



If that doesn't fit where you need it to, please, provide more info on the context.


EDIT: To make sure I'm not mistaken, I googled both phrases and now I'm even more confident.


When you go is always followed by a certain place or action, like:



When you go online.
When you go to Brazil.



While when you leave simply stands by itself:



If you decide not to go on with this course, please come and inform me when you leave.



Of course, optionally you can add some place after leave, like:



Give me a call when you leave the office, so that I can prepare the food in time.



But this isn't necessary for the word to work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"