Word for describing the situation of caring about nothing but one thing


I want to describe a situation in which someone gets interested in something/someone to such extent that he forgets other activities and normal life, and just cares and thinks about the beloved activity/person. This is the sentence in which I want to use this word:



I devoted myself to this/her/him so (the word) that ... .



One word that comes to my mind is to use the adjective form of ascetic. But I'm not sure it's the best or even a correct choice.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"