single word requests - A term or phrase for speaking as clearly as possible to non-experts



How can I describe the difficulty of somebody who is trying to explain something to people who are not in his/her professional field, and is afraid of using professional terms that will be unclear to his/her listeners?


In my native language, I would say "it is hard to go out of the professional circle". How can I say it in English?


An example:



I have tried my best to explain this subject as clearly as possible, but it is hard to______



I do not think my question is a duplicate because I looked for a term expressing a difficulty of explaining. I didn't get a direct answer, so I deduced there is no such a term.



Answer



... hard to explain in layman's terms:



simple language that anyone can understand



Merriam-Webster


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"