grammaticality - "Julio and I" vs "I and Julio"





“My friends and I” vs. “My friends and me” vs. “Me and my friends”
Is naming the first person last proper grammar or just proper manners?



"Julio and I went to the schoolyard." is a valid sentence.


How about "I and Julio went to the schoolyard."?


It's impolite (putting yourself first) and awkward, but is it grammatically incorrect?


[I realize the original lyric "see me and Julio..." is a grammatically correct imperative sentence]



Answer



It's impolite (putting yourself first) and awkward, but it is correct grammatically.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"