meaning - Is "my something of choice" the same as "something of my choice"?


Would like to know if it's wrong to use "my something of choice"? Does the phrase have the same meaning as "something of my choice"?



Answer



The two phrases have slightly different connotations.


"My something of choice" implies a personal favorite or habitual preference. E.g. "The golden gun is his weapon of choice."


"Something of my choice" implies getting to choose from a specific set. It is appropriate for describing a momentary decision. E.g. "The steak comes with a side of your choice: soup of the day, Caesar salad, or steamed vegetables."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"