punctuation - Question mark or period?


Is this sentence a question or a statement (or other). It ends with a question, so I used a question mark. (Just ignore the tech jargon.)



I get that this should show me the PID of the SIGTERMing process and I successfully compiled it, but how do I use it?



Edit: Another question, should it be written as (which is correct and which is clearer?)



I get that this should show me the PID of the SIGTERMing process and successfully compiled it, but how do I use it?




Answer



This is simply a question with some preamble. I welcome preamble in order to set some context to the question.


To answer the second question, you could at least change "get" with "understand".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"