meaning - What is a word that means unforgettable but with a negative connotation?


When I look up unforgettable in a thesaurus, I get words like enduring, remarkable, or exceptional. These all are positive; I just cannot forget such a wondrous thing!


I, however, want a word that means unforgettable because it was so horrible. As in, I cannot forget such a horrible thing that has happened.


Any suggestions?



Answer



For some purposes, I like:


indelible: making marks that cannot be removed


It makes me thinks of spills, stains, bad tattoos, burns... things that you want to delete, but can't.


Though I think @Sven-Yargs hit it on the head with haunting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"