3rd conditional form ("If I had X, I would ..."?)



If I had learnt that, I would have been doing much better right now.



Is that correct? If not, how do you say it correctly?



Answer



You suggest:



If I had learnt that, I would have been doing much better right now



However you have mixed tenses.


I suggest:



  1. If I had learnt that, I would be doing much better right now.


or alternatively and with a different meaning,



  1. If I had learnt that, I would have been doing much better by now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"