word usage - Is the use of "this" correct in "There is this blog, but I don't remember its name"?


What I write should mean the following: "There is this blog, but I don't remember its name."


So I thought I have to write it this way to achieve the meaning in a short way: "This blog."


But is this correct? Does is mean what I want to say? Because I've learned at school that "this" points to something specific. But I that's not what I want to achieve.


Sorry if the question is unclear. But I have no idea how to explain it differently.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"