meaning - What is the word to describe "the gaining of full control over an ability or power you already have"?


For example, a Jedi is born with powers, but must learn how to control them in order to use them. What's the one best word for this?



I have _ _ _ my power.



The word is in the back of my head but I can't pull it out. It also means to have a full understanding of something.



I _ _ _ the way the world works.




Answer



You could say that you have harnessed your power. Or, you have unleashed its full potential.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"