differences - I still remember it as if it ... yesterday





Tenses after “as if”



What is the difference of the following sentences?



  • I still remember it as if it was yesterday.

  • I still remember it as if it were yesterday.

  • I still remember it as if it had been yesterday.

  • I still remember it as if it happened yesterday.

  • I still remember it as if it had happened yesterday.


Which one would you rather use when you look back at your life? (So you look back at events that might be years ago.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"