phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey


I heard this phrase when I was watching Battleship. An old man said,



"Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey."



I do not know what it means, I only heard it in a movie. What is this phrase mean?


In Addition:


I think it was Rihanna who said "Saddle Ridge will be in weapons range in five minutes," then the old man stated the phrase.



Answer



It is a confused attempt at a play on (for example) "kiss my ass," or, some similar phrase.


It is quite common in English today that idioms get mangled.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

word choice - Which is the correct spelling: “fairy” or “faerie”?

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?