orthography - "Archivable" or "archiveable"


I have an entity and I would like to describe it as being able to be archived.


Is it archivable, archiveable? The former seems OK for me, but I could find no wiktionary.org results.



Answer



Archivable is correct. -e more often than not drops off when adding -able (it varies a lot, mostly based on whether the word looks better with or without the e; I wouldn't say this is a case that greatly calls for keeping it, and the Google stats tend to indicate others agree).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

verbs - "Baby is creeping" vs. "baby is crawling" in AmE

commas - Does this sentence have too many subjunctives?

grammatical number - Use of lone apostrophe for plural?

etymology - Where does the phrase "doctored" originate?

phrases - Somebody is gonna kiss the donkey

typography - When a dagger is used to indicate a note, must it come after an asterisk?

etymology - Origin of "s--t eating grin"